How to Read Multiple Books Altogether?


All right, if you clicked on this article to learn how to read several books at once, Pardon me. I still haven't mastered book-devouring simultaneously yet, doing as best as I can, though. Well, I still have only two hands, so I can't just turn pages with a glance. But, it's me who slow in learning and definitely not you, the smart reader. I believe you can read any books at once.

Therefore, at the same time, I have gathered a few tips on how to consume multiple books altogether.

At any given time, I love having many books in progress. If I'm exhausted or more energetic when I just don't have a pattern or style, if my mood changes, I switch it up.

Those books that complement each other in different ways. The advice in The Subtle Art of Don't Give a Fuck reminds me of Gone Girl's self-esteem main character, who has made me recall my favorite plot in The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye. The ties between the books form a more substantial story beyond a single account.

But sometimes, it can be challenging to keep track of many stories and thoughts. Here are some tips on how to handle multiple books simultaneously.

1. Have books around

In many cases, I read; in my room, on the sofa, in the doctor's office, in the metro. And I keep everywhere a book (except the doctor's office and Metro, or wherever that is). I always have a book in my pocket or backpack, and I have already downloaded plenty of titles on my phones and iPad.
This way, You don't have to remember where you put your book when you have a few spare minutes to read. You can just pick up whatever you're lying around.

Maintaining your books in view also helps you to remember what is happening in a story, even if, in a few days, you haven't won a title. When I see a book on my armchair or table, the plot and characters remain at the forefront of my thoughts; sometimes, when I put it carefully on the shelf, I forget that.

2. Take notes

I love keeping a note filled with interesting quotations, essential plot points, and random thoughts. If I was away from a book for a while, I can go over these notes and catch up quickly where I left off.

If you do not read the notebook line, you may also take notes on the final pages or use blank bookmarks to write notes.

Or you could actually highlight essential passages and write notes within the margins of the text. Most people don't like to markup clean pages, but I am a fan of engaging with books by writing my answers right on the paper.
In the same manner, you can maintain a reading journal or use an app or website to keep track of the titles you are reading if you are as giddy as I am sometimes.

3. Mix up genres

It's harder for me to track books that I am simultaneously reading if they fall into the same genre.

As a rule, I usually read a novel sheet, a self-improvement book, a historical novel, and at any time, a mystery, or a sci-fi book. Each one meets a particular need and at different times appeals to me.

4. Relax your expectations

Sometimes I read a series, and for that moment, it's not entirely right. But when I return to it, I don't really remember what happened before, and I got to start over. That's all right.

Occasionally I can be a little ambitious, a little too numerically and statistically driven. I don't like the thought of wasting my precious book reading time. But this is stupid! It's not about scratching an article off the list, but about enjoying a story, learning something new, glimpsing another existence.

This method also supports my tendency to complementarity. Then to finish a book, even though I'm not there, just to say that I did it. I've learned it's all right to make a book when you don't feel it. And it's all right, too, never to come back.

When I read the book that appeals to me, I can enjoy myself and drown into the story so deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram