7 Daily Innovative Ways of Reducing Waste


I enjoy giving myself goals. I want to lift-up more weights, eat fewer Chicken wings and more vegetables and avoid using frivolous things to spend money. I strive to make them realistic (I know that I never entirely free from fries completely), but I always tend to focus on myself and to have ways to become more social, qualified or effective. And I determined to shake things up this year. 

I want to make changes that benefit someone else, and that actually does some good in the world. So I've made a pact to make regular efforts to cut back on my personal waste, and it turns out that it's much easier to do than you think (and it's better for me too).

Continue to read seven small, innovative ways to reduce unnecessary waste to help protect this amazing world that we call home.

1.   Carry your own water bottle or coffee mug at all times

I have a water bottle that resides in my bag (which is mostly always on me), so I never need to buy a water bottle. I fill it up at airports, some cafe, or whenever I see a water fountain. The same applies to coffee cups, as well. Bonus: a lot of coffee shops give you a discount if you supply your own container. Surely, it’s the best solution for you and Mother Nature, a total win-win solution for sure.

2.     Bring Your Own Metal Straw

There are many places where paper straws have been used to cut down plastic waste, but you can take it further and bring your personal metal straw. I always ask you to hold your straw when I order an iced coffee or smoothie. You can also do this method in restaurants. I just dry it off when I finish my dinner napkin and wash it when I get home.

3.     Make Your Own Beauty Products

See how many plastic bottles you find in your bathroom or your medicines cabinet. A lot, right? Normally, we’ll fill our bathrooms with jetables-lotions, serums, scrubs, shampoos, masks. The list goes on. The list goes on. One way you can roll your plastic waste back into your beauty routine is to create your items by hand. You have almost all the ingredients that you will need right now in your kitchen; just grab sea salt, a bowl of honey and your favorite essential oils, and prepare yourself for some fun (and honestly save serious money too)!

4.     Bid Plasticware Farewell

We often use plastic for food storage in the kitchen, from plastic forks, knives, and spoons to plastic containers. It is time to put a plastic detox in our kitchen, use reusable glass jars to store food, and always use genuine silverware over disposable utensils. Tell the restaurant to skip the plasticware when you order take-out. There are also great options for reusable bamboos if you were planning for a picnic or BBQ.

5.     Make Your Own Cleaning Products

Once you've created your own body and lip scrubs, use your newly found alchemy skills to work with affordable and environmentally friendly cleaning products. From DIY to home-made dish soap, you will be amazed by the strong cleaning capabilities of only a few natural ingredients in your local grocers. You can even create your own laundry detergent using your favorite essential oil!

6.     Get Creative with Leftover Glass Bottles

Take your empty beer, kombucha, or sparkling bottles of water and make use of them! You may transform them into candles, to store, or even use them as decorative vases or lighting tools for your homemade beauty products.

7.     Ditch the Paper, and Go Digital

There are countless ways to cut paper waste instantly–forget the pass and store it on your smartphone, opt-out of digital signatures, and send an email and choose to go on all bills without paper. It's also a great way to reduce the house's clutter. Trust me; it is easier to find an old receipt in your mailbox than to hold all your luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram